It's my mom's recipe, but it's a keeper. It's so good that my father-in-law requested it for his Father's Day dinner. If I were able to make dinner requests, spaghetti is probably the last thing I'd ask for (give me some braised meat and perfect potatoes), but it was yummy.
Judy's Spaghetti (serves 4-6 adults and 2 kids)
1 pound hamburger
1 pound pork sausage
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh crushed garlic
2 jars pasta sauce of your choice (or sauce from scratch if you've got it)
pasta of choice
1. Start boiling water for your pasta.
2. Put a large skillet on high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Add garlic to heated oil and then quickly add hamburger and pork sausage before the garlic starts to burn.
4. Brown the meat. Add sugar and balsamic vinegar. cook the meat until all the moisture is cooked out.
5. Add your pasta sauce. Mix together and let simmer on low for 10-15 minutes, as long as it takes for your pasta to boil.
6. Cook your pasta.
Eat and enjoy.
Serve with garlic bread and Caesar salad.